- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The ancient Indians called the Beas river Vipas or Arjiki while the normal Greeks called it Hyphasis. The current name Beas is considered to be formed from Vyas who is the author of Mahabharata, the good Indian epic. Some scholars in Himachal Pradesh call this river jispa. Beas Kund – Beas is known as after rishi (sage) Beas and Kund is the Hindi word for little lake. This small lake of Beas Kund is situated at the upper and upper valley of Solang, which is the heart of winter and summer games in Manali. It’s a perfect base camp for climbing nearby peaks of Shitidhar, friendship, and Ladakhi peak. On the side of Beas Kund is the magnificent peak of Hanuman tibia (5990m), which has access through a small pass above this lake.
Come to explore this mesmerizing trek together with your besties!
TREK GRADE: EASY TO MODERATE
MAX ELEVATION: 3690 M (12106 FEET)
REGION: KULLU – MANALI
Day 1 Chandigarh-Manali (300 Kms/7-8 Hrs):-
Pick up from Chandigarh railroad station or Airport and transfer by road to Manali. Pick-up from Chandigarh is around 10 AM the morning. On arrival, check-in at the hotel. Confirm that each one of the kinds of kits needed for the trek is there. If something is missing in your personal gear you'll realize a number of the shops that are there in Manali where you'll buy gear. The evening is at leisure. Enjoy your dinner & overnight occupy the hotel.
Meals: Dinner Only.
Day 2 Manali-Solang-Dhundi-Bakerthach ( 1 hour drive + 6-7 hours trek time):-
Post breakfast at the hotel, meet your guide at 9 AM who will brief you about the trek & complete the registration process. Post briefing session, drive to Solang-Nala by cab at around 9:00 am. Then we'll trek to Dhundi (2840m / 9318ft) – Bakar Thach. This may be around a 6-7 hrs trek. The trekking trail has insignificant trouble today. Enjoy dinner & stay overnight in tents.
Meals:- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 3 Bakerthach-Beas-kund-Bakerthach (trek 7-8 hours):-
Post early breakfast we'll trek to Beas Kund (3690m / 12106 ft) which is believed to be a source of the river Beas. After 4-5 hours of gentle walk, we reach the gorgeous Kund and spend some blast while being captured amidst mountains. Return to Bakar Thach camp-site. This may be around a 7/8 hrs walk. Enjoy dinner stay overnight in tents.
Meals:- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 4 Bakerthach -Manali :-
After breakfast, trek to dhundi (2840m / 9318 ft) – Solang (2483m / 8146 ft). This is often around 2 hrs trek. We'll then drive from Solang to Manali. The trek will end at Manali with sweet memories of Manali-Beas Kund. Enjoy your dinner & overnight.
Meals: - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner.
Day 5 Manali to Chandigarh Drop:-
Enjoy the morning breakfast at the hotel and later check-out from the hotel. Take a transfer to Chandigarh & the tour comes to an end.
Meals: Breakfast only.
- Transportation by road within 5 days, whichever is a part of the itinerary.
- Accommodation in tents on a sharing basis.
- Trekking & Camping fees including local guide.
- All vegetarian meals as per itinerary.
- Basic first aid kit, sleeping bags, mattress, tents, kitchen tent with utensils Expert staff facility including guide, cook & helper Porters/mules for carrying common equipment (like rations/tents/utensils/).
- All taxes included.
- Personal expenses of any kind including bottled beverages Anything not enclosed in inclusions.
- Expenses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances and personal insurance.
- The backpack transfer charges during trek would be Rs.400 per day for a 10 kg bag which would be subject to convenience & availability.
- The cost of transportation to reach Manali & go back from Manali is not included; however, we can tailor-made it conditionally.